The Spiritually Awakening Spirit!

“Once the soul awakens, the search begins and you can never go back. From then on, you are inflamed with a special longing that will never again let you linger in the lowlands of complacency and partial fulfillment. The eternal makes you urgent. You are loath to let compromise or the threat of danger hold you back from striving toward the summit of fulfillment.”
― John O'Donohue

It’s really challenging to write about something that is so hard to describe. It is hard to explain to anyone exactly what you’re feeling or explain to someone how you even ended up here in this bizarre, but beautiful place called Spiritual Awakening. It’s such a vague terminology, it’s sounds so woo-woo, New Age-y and completely unbelievable. People think it’s weird or odd, and it makes you not want to even talk about it.

But I know that it’s real and I’ve met other people on the same path. At some point in our lives, everyone has the opportunity to “wake up” and really see the truth about life.

I know I was waking up for a while since my late 30s, things had been changing internally for me, but slowly. I was aware of my life and that I did not like it. Then in 2011 I was hit by a car while walking across the street and I know that is when my life accelerated to where I am today. It’s certainly true of most people that when you have a near death-experience your life will change. You see as I was recuperating from my accident I took a really hard look at my life and asked for one simple request: to be happy.

Then suddenly within a year of my accident, I had left my marriage, my job of 15 years and my rigid religious belief system all at the same time. It felt like the most insane roller-coaster ride. The oddest thing was that it seemed as if I was a bystander watching MY LIFE turn completely upside down. I watched as these three deeply entrenched situations in my life were swiftly removed. I felt off-kilter, as if I was in a hyper drive mode, but somehow I never crumbled under the intense pressure. I had a sense that at some point things would settle down. And boy-oh-boy, once the cloud of dust settled, THAT was when things really got interesting.

But this post would go on for days so I will have to break up the story in pieces so you can see the patterns and the threads that led me here.

I am here because of a strong compulsion to share the story. That compulsion, is actually a symptom of being in mid-stream of experiencing a spiritual awakening. Once you awaken to who you are, you realize that there is some specific work that you have to do. It’s like you were in training through all those challenges in life and now that you’ve passed them, you get your assignment. And there is no guessing as to what your assignment is, it will be very clear. It will fit naturally into who you are. Most importantly when you look back over your life you will see the specific training you were going through to help you fulfill the task.

There were specific challenges I had to overcome or face in my life in order to WAKE UP. In time I will share those with you!

Until then, keep asking. Have faith and I hope you slowly come out of slumber so you can feel the Fullness of Life.

Viva Divine.

Popular posts from this blog

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness: Hello Lovers!