When A Woman is Fed Up!


“A woman's silence says it all. Her silence & lack of expression means that she's reached her breaking point!”-Anon

I just watched Robin Thicke singing to his soon to be ex-wife Paula Patton, on the Billboard Awards, in an attempt to try and win her back. I actually thought it was kind of sweet. But poor guy, I want to give him a hug, he’s trying. But if Paula has hit her tipping point, that song may not have any affect on her decision to go back to him. As a matter of fact I really thought at some point R&B singer R Kelly was going to enter stage left crooning his hit song “When A Woman Is Fed Up.” Oh Robin, how could you not know?

I can’t speak on any other woman’s experience but I know when I am done, it’s the most liberating moment ever. You know, there are those relationships that are super easy to walk away from. But then there are those situations where your loyalty and love are so deeply entrenched that it’s just hard to walk away. I know loyalty made me stay in an unhealthy marriage for far too long. Loyalty to the institution of marriage and to the religious organization that I was a part of, is what really kept me there. But after a while, which was long overdue, I finally said I was done. I had done my time, and put up with a lot, more than I should have. I should not have gone back the times that I had, but I did and when the final instance came around, no amount of begging, tears or pleading could change my heart and mind. The emotional connection was gone, there was nothing there. It was at that point that the realization was clear to him that he had completely lost me.

Love made me put up with a another similar situation. But thankfully because I had already experienced something familiar in my marriage, I was able to disconnect over a shorter period of time. With each passing interaction with this guy, I was able to slowly pull out. It was as if each go round I learned the steps I would be taking for the next time. Real love is very difficult to pull out of because has it has a deep abiding feeling to it . And for me, making sure that I had done everything to fulfill whatever lesson there was to learn, kept me there. However when what you are expressing is not acknowledged, appreciated, honored and respected, there is absolutely no reason to stay.  When I realized quite recently I was done with that situation, it was such a relief, knowing that I won’t ever have to or WANT to interact with this person again. To have any interaction whatsoever runs the risk of a huge possibility that I will find myself back in the hole again, wasting my time and effort. There is so much work to do and I personally don’t need the distraction.

When some women are done, we just CAN’T care like we used to anymore. I don’t know about anyone else, but I was actually amazed at the level of calm when you get to “done”. But then again, I believe at some point we women realize that we are working up to being “done”. It’s the guys who don’t and that’s because we keep taking them back, keep loving them though all the disappointments. Then one day we just can’t go forward to the next time, because we come to the realization the madness won’t stop. We don’t want to live with it anymore and it’s Hasta La Vista for good. And some of us can look even further beyond and be at peace if you find happen to find someone else and get it right with them. More power to you! But at this juncture, there is no more juice in this turnip of a relationship!
  
I have to give it to Thicke for trying. IF Paula is not at Tipping Point and takes him back, I suggest he Krazy glues himself to her for the rest of his life.

Check out his effort:
















Viva Divine

Popular posts from this blog

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Awareness: Hello Lovers!