Holding Out For A Hero

“Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need
 I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life!”

-Bonnie Tyler

I had a written an entirely different post for the Monday Edition of VBlog, but I guess the Universe had other plans. I guess I was supposed to write about something else and I got that piece of information at 2 a.m. this morning.

So, I have what I call “Music Video Dreams”. They tend to be insanely vivid with soundtracks and most times they are quite entertaining, except for when I wake up with my right ear throbbing as if God inserted a loud speaker inside it and turned the volume up to high. Well this morning Bonnie Tyler decided she was going to serenade me with her 80's hit song "Holding Out For A Hero". When I woke up with the music playing in my ear I knew exactly what I was supposed to write about.

Lately, I have been having quite a few conversations with people about relationships. Not only that, but people in general seem interested in finding out my relationship status, not sure why, but I digress. The overall theme is that I seem to be living a pretty happy, positive and extremely conscious life, so the question always is: “How is your love life? Where is your guy?” Thank you very much for asking. My love life is pretty awesome. And guess what? I don’t necessarily need to have a guy to be a part of that awesomeness. It seems as if some people have a very difficult time understanding that being with a guy is NOT a priority in my life. It never ever has been. I don't have guys around just to have them around. The men in my life have always been extensions of my happiness. Sometimes, they were extensions or contributors to my unhappiness and usually things don’t end well when that happens.

I think what has always helped me when it came to dealing with the opposite sex, is that I have always known specifically what I wanted in a life partner and had a strong sense I would meet that person eventually. I can clearly remember defining this person at sixteen and when I went out into the dating world I used those criteria to weed through people that just did not fit. Unlike a lot of my friends who for every five dates they had, I only had one. If I got into a situation and realized over time, it was not a fit for the criteria, I moved on. I have dated some cool guys and I married one of them. For the most part, I think I was fortunate enough to learn the lessons those relationships taught me about myself. I also took what I learned and fine-tuned that list of qualities even more. I took the list of “I do not want…” and turned them into what aspects that I truly wanted and deserved. I realized that with each guy I was becoming extremely clear about the kind of man I would spend the rest of my life with.

I have come across a people who don’t know what they want. In my opinion, it’s almost as if people go out there and hope to meet someone, hoping something sticks. Then they find something and throw themselves into it, get caught up in the “bubble love” of the dopamine phase, share their energy with the person only to find out it was a bad idea. Now you’ve got a whole emotional mess on your hands and if one keeps up this type of dating behavior, they tend to end up with a whole lot of relationship karma. God forbid they do find a special person down the road that really cares and loves them. But they will be too emotionally depleted and riddled with issues to appreciate what is being presented to them. They will be stuck operating on an old unconscious relationship paradigm, struggling with their ego versus using their heart, that unless they heal from within, they will not be able to enjoy a truly healthy relationship.

When you know what you want, and trust that you will get what you want; you’re less than likely to experience what I call “Dating Madness”. For each relationship you have an opportunity to learn. In between the lessons are chances to fine tune yourself and your heart’s desires. Your intuition will grow stronger as people come into your orbit. You will be able to tell quite early on whether or not this is someone you should be giving your precious time to. If dating is approached from the perspective that you’re working your way to someone who is a vibrational match to you, then each situation is a chance to get clear. This means clearing up your karma, addressing childhood emotional issues, healing and loving yourself, getting over your ego, developing a conscious soul, and redefining what a healthy meaningful relationship looks like. If you have not had that relationship that your heart truly desires it’s probably because you’re not sending out a clear or strong enough vibration to attract it. You have to become a whole healthy You to draw a whole healthy Other. The Universe won’t offer you its best if you’re a mess!

So when people ask me about my love life (again) I am going to tell them that at this point in my life, I am holding out for a Hero, if he’s still walking this planet, that is. And I don’t mean I need a hero to rescue me. Just an awesome man I will actually be excited about, every day. And I know exactly what my hero looks like. I have paid close attention to the men in my past that I have attracted into my life and used them as guide posts for what I really want. Once I learned the lessons I moved on from them and became clearer. I know who I am, where I am going, and very focused on my Life’s Purpose. I know that whoever this brave man is, we will have a very similar bent because Like attracts Like and the clearer I vibrate that energy the easier it will be to be drawn to that person. I like to think of myself as a Love Revolutionist and a part of the Spiritual Innovation that is occurring today! That’s the kind of guy that I want, someone with whom I can sit up with at night and plan World Domination! *Insert evil laugh*


So if you really want THAT special person, do the work on yourself, first. Then learn your relationship lessons. If you want your Hero or Heroine to show up, remember, you have to be one yourself. 


Check out this article about How to Attract Love into your life!

Vivadivine!

Popular posts from this blog

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Awareness: Hello Lovers!