It's Official: I Am Grounded

Man’s heart away from nature becomes hard. ~Standing Bear.

One of the best pieces of advice I got very early on was to ground myself in nature. I came across a really great article about How ToGround Yourself. Check it out!

The reason why I am bringing up this subject is because of a recent trip to the beach. I have not been near the ocean for about 3 years. It's been a very busy time period in my life. But a friend called me early one morning and the next thing you know we were flying down the freeway towards the Gulf Coast.

Now, I am a bit spoiled. I grew up on a tropical island surrounded by mostly blue water with white sandy beaches. The water is a tad bit lukewarm and has a tendency to rock you with gentle waves. Well the beach here is not quite the same, and I chose not to swim in the water, however I know I can get close to the same effects if I just walk without my shoes on the sand, smell the sea air, sit and look at the waves and listen to sounds of waves crashing. We spent a few hours there and came home feeling sedated and seductive.

I never really realized how ungrounded I was. It's hard to walk around without your shoes and the beach is a good hour away. So it takes conscious effort to connect and get those great vibrations from the earth. But what stood out to me was how grounded I probably was a child and just did not know it.

As a child, running bare-footed in the yard and on the grass was second nature. I was a bare foot Countess-a! I felt the earth move under my feet. I even ran in the grass when it was wet and that's a big boost when you add water to earth. I climbed the mango trees in the front yard. I felt the bark with my hands. I stood on the limbs and hugged branches with my body, as I reached out to pick ripe mangoes.
Along with going to the beach, my mother would take my brother and I up into the countryside. All this powerful natural vibration was all around us, a beautiful sweet green lushness, just pulsating and feeding my soul. We visited our cousins and ran around in dirt rich in Bauxite! We were so happily grounded!




We grow up and move to big cities and live out our lives, forgetting about the happiness we felt as kids running around in the dirt. We walk on concrete for the most part, not even aware of how huge of a barrier it is to our souls. We cut down trees and build huge developments. All that natural vibration is gone and we wonder why we feel so OFF at times. That is why we have to make a conscious effort to put ourselves back into nature. We have to regain that balance.

When was the last time you took off your shoes and ran outside in the rain and felt the mud under your feet? When was the last time you leaned against a tree and felt it vibrate? When was last time you went to the beach? When was the last time you immersed yourself in nature and felt GOOD?

The last time I went to the beach was when I went back home 6 years ago. Within a day of being there in that water, I was completely catatonically happy. I miss that. I can't get home very often. However, I decided if I have to drive some distance, I am going to find a decent enough beach and become a mermaid for a few days. Until  then be prepared to see me without my shoes in a nearby park, running to hug a tree.

Grounding yourself in nature, makes you become more aware and appreciative of it. It's an experience that adds and amplifies your growing conscious state!

So get grounded People! Feel good!

Vivadivine

Popular posts from this blog

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Awareness: Hello Lovers!