Par For The Awakened Course!


 
“A kind of light spread out from her. And everything changed color. And the world opened out. And a day was good to awaken to. And there were no limits to anything. And the people of the world were good and handsome. And I was not afraid anymore.” ― John Steinbeck
 
Ten years ago, I had never heard the term “spiritual awakening”. Today I find myself completely absorbed in this experience and learning more every day. In part it’s an effort to fully understand who I am and what I am becoming. Wrapped up this is a desire to share what I am learning with others. There is a lot of merit in learning about awakening to one’s true self. For one, a lot of life's questions become answerable. You will identify your special capabilities, and have more direction in life. You will know what is most important to you and what kind of life you truly want. There are a multitude of bonuses to this whole event. 
 
As I mentioned, I love sharing all this with others. I notice that went I sit with people and discuss this topic, their eyes widen. It’s as if a section in their brain ignites. You can actually see them pondering the positive effects that will happen if they made some adjustments in their thinking and behavior.

I come across some great articles while doing some research about self-actualization. I was looking for information concerning the traits of an awakened woman. This is where I came across Jeff Brown’s website: SoulShaping. I found a fascinating list for men and women that will help to identify exactly where you are in your spiritual journey. Here are a few tidbits:

The Awakening Woman:
The Awakening Woman is consciously aware of herself and strives to be intimate with all facets of her being. She is her own person as well as relational. She nurtures and honors the relationship with herself as well as with others. She is actively awakening and supports the awakening of those around her. Her devotion to herself allows her devotion to others to be genuine and nourishing. She is sincere, authentic, vulnerable and strong. She is protective, and accepts and values protection from others when appropriate. She establishes healthy boundaries while keeping an open heart.

 The Awakening Man:
The Awakening Man leads a purpose-full existence. He has heard the call to a deeper life. Not satisfied with survival alone, his ambitions are rooted in higher considerations- the excavation and actualization of his sacred purpose. He is energized by his purpose, not by the machinations of the unhealthy ego. He is coated in an authenticity of purpose that sees through the veils to what really matters. His purpose is his path.

 So today’s blog will link directly to Jeff’s site, where you can read all these individual attributes. For me reading this list helped me to discern where I am, and areas where I know I can make improvements. After all, this whole experience is about growing into the best possible version of your SELF.

I think you will enjoy reading this. Just something to make you say: Hmmm.



Enjoy the articles. Open up your life and really live.

Vivadivine!

Popular posts from this blog

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Awareness: Hello Lovers!