Quit Ya Whinin'!

“When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”
― Paulo Coelho


Change! We love it! We hate it! But if you've lived long enough you at some point change is inevitable.
It’s funny when we initiate a change we want that only affects us, and we can see the benefits right before our eyes everything is honky-dory!

But when a change involves another person or if the change is forced upon us, all hell breaks loose. We get stressed out, think the worst and add fear to the mix it can cause us to break down. Change, changes us into monsters or angels.


I have embraced change. Change from within and from external forces. Ha! I could tell you about change! One day I was moseying through a pretty miserable life and then WHAM! My world turned upside down. Some of these drastic changes were of my own volition and others completely outside of me. But as I looked at it as a choice of either life or death, I rode with those changes. I prayed for strength to endure the madness and somehow made it through. Now I am not afraid of change, because I see each one as a “promotion” to something better and bigger.


Recently, I faced another change. One day I went to work and was told that my contract was not being renewed. Wait for it….As I was being told this by these wonderful people, yours truly was doing a happy dance in her head! You see, I had been ASKING for a change, and had been trying create one. I had been asking for my circumstances to change so I could do more of this: WRITING! But nothing I had tried panned out. But now here I was with a change thrust upon me completely out of the blue for no specific reason. However, instead of being upset or concerned about "what next", I was elated! I literally drove home screaming happy-happy-joy-joy in the car. I have mastered my fear of change, because I realize if I just look at it from the right perspective, it’s actually all good.


We all have to find our own place in how we deal with changes and learn to navigate them so that our stress is minimal enough so we can see the possibilities that lie ahead. Overcoming fear is a common factor when it comes to accepting change, especially when it’s forced on us. If we don’t go through what we are really afraid of we will feel more resistance when facing the new possibilities that are around the corner that we just won’t be able to see.  


Heidi Grant Halvorson, Ph.D. wrote a great article about fear and how we can work through it so it would hold us back when we need to make a change or one is being made that will affect our lives. You can read it here.



Face the fears, see the change as a new way to accept growth and stay positive.

Live the Life.
Vivadivine!

Popular posts from this blog

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness: Hello Lovers!