I Saw The Signs! Pt 1

“When we awaken to our truth, we realize we are free.” ― Kristi Bowman

Just from conversations I have had with people who are in some phase of their awakening they are usually completely unaware of what was occurring in their lives. I know I did not know what on earth was happening to me until someone told me and I started doing some research. There is a lot of information available online and in books about the symptoms of a spiritual awakening. Actually some of the lists are quite exhausting. If you were to read all the symptoms, one may think they are actually having a ninth nervous breakdown. These lists are quite comprehensive.

I have combed through the list of symptoms and I wanted to pinpoint some of the significant ones I encountered and how I was affected by them. Here are the first three that really stood out to me:

1. Events that completely alter your life:
Death, divorce, changes in job status, loss of home, illness, and/or other catastrophes -- sometimes several at once! Forces that cause you to slow down, simplify, change, re-examine who you are and what your life means to you. Forces that you cannot ignore. Forces that cause you release your attachments. Forces that awaken your sense of love and compassion for all.

Well, I was hit by a car, then exactly a year later, I left job, marriage and religion all at the same time. You have to understand, I was married for over sixteen years, was in my job for fifteen and my religious beliefs were lifelong. It was as if they were all tossed up and hit with a baseball bat out to left field. I felt I like I was completely out of control!  My life felt life it was shifting under my feet. How did I cope? I tried to stay as calm as I could through the process and I slept a lot to keep myself recharged. Speaking of sleep…


2. Changing sleep patterns: restlessness, hot feet, waking up two or three times a night. Feeling tired after you wake up and sleepy off and on during the day.

Oh holy mother-of-god! Imagine being tired from all the shifting, coming home tired from work and collapsing into bed. I would fall asleep for about four hours and wake up early in the morning, and not be able to go back to sleep. Did I happen to mention I had to be at work at 6:30 am for a ten hour work day?
I compensated by sleeping the day away on my day off and as much as possible on other days. I will say that over time as I got deeper into the awakening, I found I was running on a different energy level. I could sleep five hours, work a long day and come home with boundless energy. So I will say this symptom does get better over time.


3. Vivid dreams.
Sometimes the dreams are so real that you wake up confused. You may even have lucid dreams in which you are in control. Many dreams may be mystical or carry messages for you. And in some dreams, you just know that you are not "dreaming" -- that what is happening is somehow real.

If you could see me now as I type this, my head is thrown all the way back and I am laughing my head off. I started to have these mind-blowing dreams where I would awake wondering was it real or was it Memorex? One night I had a dream sequence that lasted over seven hours. Each time I broke out of the dream and fell back asleep, things picked up right where they left off. Some dreams felt extremely real and I got to a place where I could tell when I was having a dream, which is soft and wispy, versus what I call an “event” which is very intense. 

An event is when I would awaken with either my forehead or right ear throbbing, knowing I just learned something in my dream. I have come out of dreams having conversations with people, hearing all the words and feeling all the emotions, as if I was having a telepathic link with the person. Sometimes I would have these high energy dreams where I could hear all the conversations in the world going on around me. I would hear beautiful music being played. I would be so active in these dreams running around in my home that when I would wake up I was sure my neighbors had heard the entire ruckus.



It got to a point where I could sense I was going to have one of those nights so I learned to do some meditation and then settle into sleep. I keep a sleep journal next my bed so I can keep track of my dreams. I know if I miss a dream message once, if I get a recurrence in that dream it’s something for me to pay attention to.

There are so many symptoms and I am going to share some of mine over a series of posts, so stay tuned!

A Spiritual Awakening is an amazing, sometimes scary event in your life. The more you open up to it the easier and more beautiful the process.


In the meantime, live the life!

Vivadivine!

Popular posts from this blog

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness: Hello Lovers!