Spiritual Awareness: No Repeat Offenders!



“When we're incomplete, we're always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we're still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising. This can go on and on--series polygamy--until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter.”
― Tom Robbins

I decided not to be a repeat offender when it comes to unhealthy relationships. “Just say no” is my motto! But I did not have to have a spiritual awakening to figure that out.


I had seen my patterns a long time ago and discerned what did not work. But during awakening is when I really took the time to get to know who I truly was and what I really wanted in a future relationship. It’s a chance to get things “right” the next time around. I read and learned as much as I could and I still am doing so, in order to really enjoy life for the first time.


Well, not everyone is on that bandwagon. I have friends waking up who are still dragging their hearts around by attracting challenging circumstances and emotionally questionable people into their lives. So imagine the funny conversation I had with a friend recently, when I painted out for her, the exact outcome she’d experience if she followed that old path of dead-end dating. That’s part of the problem with waking up; you become a darn clairvoyant, for free!


When I broke things down with her, we realized that deep down was a desire for male attention, which was traced back to a fear of ending up alone. What’s up with folks being afraid of being alone? That’s another blog post!


Anyway!


So rather than be alone for a while and fine-tune the inner self and define exactly what she wants in a relationship, she, as with a lot of people would rather have “just somebody” in her space. Never mind that “just somebody” was not the right choice.


After I painted the picture for her, and throwing imaginary tennis balls at her head of comical justifications, I left things alone.  This is where I completely understand that everyone has their own lessons to learn and their own journey to walk. And it’s for me to sit back and wait for folks to figure things out.


The longer we stay stuck or attached to old patterns the slower the spiritual growth. The less we study and understand exactly what we are experiencing, the longer it takes for things to click.


You have to be a good student of yourself and your experience to get the full measure of spiritual growth. And you have to take time, alone time, to know how to make the changes that will help you not to make the same mistakes that held you back in the past.


By the way, my friend came to her senses the next day. That’s what I love about awakening. It knocks the sense into your spirit!



Get it right and live the life!


Vivadivine!

Popular posts from this blog

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness: Hello Lovers!