Synchronicity: The Universal Sign Post.



“Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time.”― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist


The first time I heard the word synchronicity was in the song by The Police. Back then I had no idea what it meant, but I’ve always loved that song. Synchronicity is a term closely associated with coincidence. Coincidences are odd things that happen in our lives we can’t explain but synchronicity is a completely different thing.
Synchronicity is more of an experience.

“The term synchronicity is coined by Carl Jung to express a concept that belongs to him. It is about acausal connection of two or more psycho-physic phenomena.” To put it more simply synchronicities usually are specific patterns that repeat in time. They usually come in threes. These patterns will be evidenced in people, places or situations that come into your life. I have come to believe after having experienced them; they are directly linked to a soul desire or purpose. They are the Universe’s tool of divine direction.

I look back on my life and realized most of my synchronistic events started around the age of eighteen or nineteen. I believe as I was becoming an adult and no longer under the guidance of my parent that the Universe started to guide my life. These events were very profound. Some of them at the time did get my attention, and I did think them strange. But it took years before I put the pieces together and saw that many of these events were sign posts telling me that I was on track and that my desires were being fulfilled.

One perfect example, is the desire I had as a child to become a flight attendant. I clearly recall, sitting in my seat on airplanes looking up at these beautiful ladies and telling myself that when I grow up I wanted to be like them and travel the world.

When I was nineteen my first opportunity to grasp that dream happened when Eastern Airlines announced they were hiring flight attendants. I was young, free to go where ever I wanted. Moving to New York seemed exciting. It seemed like a shoe-in. But I never got past the application process. The second opportunity happened a few years later, when America West was hiring. I was still single, and relocating to Arizona was not an issue for me. Again, I never made it through the second interview. So I left my dream alone.

Some years later I would apply again to another airline. This time is was a local airline, Continental. Now I did not apply as a flight attendant. I applied for the ticket agent position. By this time I was a newly-wed and I felt it would be impractical to leave home for extended amounts of time. Well, guess what? I got hired as a ticket agent. But, I would go to work every day and watch the flight attendants as they walked through the airport with a pang in my heart.

Then one day, word came that the Inflight group was hiring. I thought to myself: ‘Could I really do this?’ So I applied and lo and behold, I made it all the way through the entire interview process effortlessly. The day I finally got my wings, was one of the happiest days of my life. I embraced my career.

But here is where it gets even more interesting. When I was going through my initial training I remember looking at the instructors thinking that I’d love to do that one day, to teach others how to achieve the dream of working in the clouds. Well, that happened too. That opportunity to become an instructor took on a life of its own. I was offered many opportunities within inflight training to grow and learn. Everything that I now do, from writing, public speaking, developing training for adults, photography, creating and directing media, down to creating this blog daily; almost everything I use today to further my purpose came from that one little childhood desire to become a flight attendant.

You may undoubtedly have synchronicity working in your life and may not be aware of it. You may only notice it in hindsight or in retrospect. But if you pay close attention once you become aware you will see it very clearly. The more spiritually awake you are the faster you will see them. Synchronicity is linked to a heart’s desire. When you ask the Universe for something it starts to conspire to bring it to you. But you have to pay attention for the sign posts.

So pay attention! The signs are always with you and around you!

Live the Life.

Vivadivine.

Popular posts from this blog

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Awareness: Hello Lovers!