Universal Solitude!


“The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude.” 

When the Universe has an important memo to pass along to you it will clear your schedule and set up a meeting with you. It will force you into situations where you will be alone, or you’ll suddenly develop a desire to disappear and go “off the grid”. I like to call these occurrences Universal Solitude.

Last weekend was my girlfriend Claire’s birthday. She lives in San Francisco. I had made plans to fly out with friends to see her, only to discover that smack dab in the middle of my plans was a prior engagement I could not cancel. Well the engagement fell through and so at the last minute I decided to try and fly out to the west coast to see her. As I was putting together the travel plans I realized that I was setting myself up for a logistics nightmare. I noticed an ever increasing sense that I was not supposed to go, so I let it go.

So now I am home for the weekend and decide to call up a few friends to see if we can meet up and hang out somewhere. I could not find a single soul. Ephiphany! I knew what was happening, because it’s happened so many times before. I was being set up by the Universe for a bit of one on one time. With that realization, I went about setting things up to spend time with myself, just waiting for whatever it was that was going to breakthrough.

Eventually in the wee hours of Saturday morning, it all started. I woke up to find myself in the beginning stages of a beautiful, inner cleansing process. It has been a while since I had my kundalini rise and so I relaxed into this awesome physiological and energetic experience. I love these moments because I now understand that it’s one of the fundamental steps of awakening and enlightenment, and that with each internal rising, things will get clearer and my spirit will get lighter.

Usually after a clearing, there is an emotional release. I found out Simone Battle had passed away the day before and that triggered an onset of grief. I got through that by writing about the importance for young people to stay on task at the beginning of their journey.


Then came the energy boost! I ended up going out dancing with myself. I felt like I was literally vibrating the entire time! I felt a powerful connection with people and also a definite clarity about fulfilling my life’s purpose.


Well now I was ready for whatever it was that the Universe wanted me to know.  I went to bed early Sunday morning and that is when the dreams started.  When you spiritually awaken and you start to do the cleansing process, your dreams take on a whole new level of depth. I needed these dreams to clarify some steps that I needed to take. Things that you have been consciously working through in your waking hours will suddenly appear in your subconscious mind and you will find the solutions. I recommend keeping a journal by your bedside, so when you do have these types of dreams you can write them down to gain further clarity on things.


By Sunday afternoon I was on fire. Just by coincidence I happened to catch an interview with Paulo Coehlo where he discussed his book that has changed so many people’s lives, The Alchemist. That’s all the extra inspiration I needed, for I sat down Sunday and wrote all day. 


I got so much out of my weekend of solitude, so many epiphanies and tiny breakthroughs. I know if I had gone to San Fran, they would not have happened. I understand the timing and the messages the Universe uses to get us in a place where we can listen and get information that is important to our souls.


You probably have found yourself in my situation where you can’t find company even though people are all around you. You may have in the past forced things, not knowing that something bigger is in play, trying to get alone time with you.  Part of being awakened is the ability to discern things. It’s crucial in that alone time that you become still and listen. If you want to be able to navigate the rest of your life, to have the best time of your life, you’ll have to start trusting the little signs that pop up along the way.


Universal Solitude is a just another tool to help you grow spiritually. You can’t hear the messages that your soul needs if you are constantly in a crowd. So the next time you can’t find your friends go off the grid. Be still, listen and be amazed!


Live the Life!

Vivadivine.

Popular posts from this blog

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Awareness: Hello Lovers!