Spiritual Awareness: Steamed Louboutins!


Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself - and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is.
-Jim Morrison

There is one thing I can tell you without a doubt that when you embark on awakening to who you really are, there will be influxes of life lessons that will come at you at a rate that will make your head spin.

As an obnoxious over-achiever, I have had to learn some things really quickly over the last year. And what many people do not know is that I actually asked for this bit of madness. You see when I got to the happiest place in my life, I put it out there to the Universe in a moment of gratitude, that I would be willing to do what was asked of me to help others. I love sharing positive things with others and that was the basis for this whole experience.

Little did I know what I was getting myself into. The Catch Twenty-Two with this is that God/Higher Power or whatever does not take into account that you are probably the last person to be a universal spokesperson for happy-happy, joy-joy. I mean humans are pretty off the mark in a lot of ways.  I am the goofiest person I know. Albeit with a big and loving heart, I have unintentionally said or done some obnoxious things and rubbed some people the wrong way. I own the poster for Imperfect Work In Progress! Some of my choices have been questionable and I wonder at times who the heck am I to even think I can be a voice on anything.


Well the minute I started to question things, here comes that voice in the form of another human to tell me to quit my whining and to put things in perspective.

Everyone has a story. The mass of our personal experiences make us who we are. Some of us are so transparent with our stories that we take on this task of sharing ourselves with the world and we share all of it, the good, the bad, the ugly and plain stupid. We naturally hang ourselves out there and so we get dinged faster for our transgressions. We insert foot in mouth, and in my case, choke on the four inch heel for the whole world to see. But at the same time, the whole world sees us move through our missteps and watch us deal with it all. We learn our lessons on the grand stage in front of others and face the music when we know we should. But sometimes transparency causes people to judge you in a way that is so gut-wrenching!


While I am learning not to take things personally, one thing I am have come to understand in this whole process is that every single person on this earth at some point in life is an Equal Opportunity Offender in public or private. Since none of us on this planet are perfect, there will be  a grand opportunity for you to tick someone off. But the lesson is that if we just look at people for who they are as students in Earth School trying to pass life courses then maybe we can cut each other some slack. Try to forgive. Build a bridge. Move forward. Transparent or opaque we are all the same really, learning the same lessons all at the same time. 


So the next time I go unintentionally side-ways, and someone gets prickly with me, I am going to pull out a plate of nicely minced and seasoned Heel D’Jour and Steamed Louboutin and eat it along with the person. Together we can share the delectable meal of “We All Make Mistakes” and say a prayer of gratitude. Because without our mistakes we do not learn! We learn the lesson and then we move on. Moving on is very important, because life is way too short not to!

Live the life!

Vivadivive!

Popular posts from this blog

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness: Hello Lovers!