Spiritual Awareness: A Beacon of Love and Light!.


Light gives of itself freely, filling all available space. 
It does not seek anything in return; it asks not whether you are friend or foe. 
It gives of itself and is not thereby diminished. 
-Michael Strassfeld


Recently a group of my friends got together to spend an evening to catch up and share what was going on in each other’s lives. It was a fun filled night of laughter and great conversation. At some point I excused myself to make a trip to the restroom and when I was on my way back to the table I stopped and looked at my group of friends for a moment. Every person at that table was someone I have so much love and affection for. Oddly enough I realized that these very people were with me the same time last year, albeit a couple of friends who were not there for other reasons.

It was really heartwarming to observe this group. There is a strong sense of unconditional love that ties our group together. I know that no matter where I go, these people will always be in my heart. I surely don’t want to leave out those who were not there. Outside of this group I have many friends who always leave me feeling the same way; loved and cherished. The feeling is deeply mutual.


However as I was looking at this scene my mind ran on those who were in some way on the fringes of my life last year, who now at this point a year later are unavailable or are no longer in my life in some regard. It made me stop and ask myself a few questions. The people that are missing from my life; do I feel unconditional love for them? If so then why are they not here? Why is it I cannot reach out to them and celebrate a moment of family and friendship?

I realized of course in my case that yes, I was holding unconditional love and affection for these people. The reason why I am not speaking with them is because in some way or another, they CHOSE to cut ties with me. In some cases, it’s because I no longer share the same mindset. In other cases, there is conflict that the other party was unwilling to resolve. In both cases, I realized that there was a level of love with these people that was not as palpable as the emotion that I was experiencing with those I was with the other night.


Now, do I believe that the people who are not speaking to me love me? Yes, I most certainly do. I know intrinsically that deep down they do. But what I do realize is that there are conditions attached to their love. If I behave, or think a certain way, most likely a dialogue would re-start between us. But isn't love about acceptance of differences, rising above opinions and finding common ground?


To be clear I am not talking in generalities here. We live in a world where not everyone will be close to you. No, the people I am referring to have had lifelong connections with me, who at some point were extremely close to me, and have expressed their love for me. But I started to grow and in that growth, again THEY chose to no longer accept me and cut ties with me or have distanced themselves from me. There was no effort to understand what was happening to me, so that once they did, the love would continue to grow and flow.


One thing I have learned on this part of the journey is that a lot will be revealed to you. You will come to know who really loves you for who you are, and who has a hard time making sdjustments. The people who stay are to be truly appreciated, because they have taken the time to embrace the good bad and ugly that you go through and still stand by your side. I have always placed friendship in high value in my life. Once my heart is attached to a person, I am in it for the long haul, loving unconditionally, always forgiving and keeping those bridges fortified. It has to take something extreme for me to end any relationship.

The most amazing thing is that I still unconditionally love those who have chosen the conditional route.  I am not really hurt by their actions because I understand for the most part that it’s really fear that it standing in love’s path. That certainly helps to alleviate any hard feelings on my end. 


I guess I am sharing this to forewarn you, in the event your journey takes on a different tone. Please do not give up on those who appear to turn their backs on you. It’s not that they don’t love you; it’s that they don’t know how to love the new and improved you! Understand that what they are doing sets off an alert deep within them. Trust me, they know what they are doing is not right-minded. But they have not learned to shift past what they are afraid of to fully come into Love’s Light.


Keep sending them your strong love vibes and always keep them in your prayers. Remember you could very well be the beacon of love in their night!



Live the Life!

Vivadivine.

Popular posts from this blog

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Awareness: Hello Lovers!