Spiritual Awareness: Falling In Love With Nature!


This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well.
Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly.
Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature.
Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you.
Take the power to make your life happy.” ― Susan Polis Schutz


I have developed a new passion for nature. Since becoming completely aware, I look at everything around me with a new set of eyes full of appreciation. Last night as I sat outside wrapped in blankets on a cold November night, I looked up between the trees and gazed at the stars in the sky. There are planets out there, galaxies besides our own, new stars being formed and I was filled with wonder. “Who did this?” It’s a question I have always asked myself and almost immediately the thoughts ranging from some intelligent creator to “I really don’t care” crossed my mind.


Whatever or whoever put the elements out there, one thing I know for sure, is that I was filled with an immense feeling of love.  How beautiful it was that love was all I felt. I went for a walk this afternoon in the woods and really looked at the trees and the plants. I picked leaves like a child and looked at the veins in the leaves with a new intensity. There again I felt love.


I am not a bird watcher, but I listened to the sounds of chirping all around me. The sound of the lake lapping on the shore was also mesmerizing. These are the sounds of nature’s music. When was the last time you listened and fell in love again?


As I sit here I am looking at how the sun close to setting lights up the space. This is a photographer’s dream and I wished I had brought my camera with me so I could capture the moment. But I close my eyes and fixed the moment in my mind and let the love that’s all around me feed my soul.


When I opened my eyes I looked across to my friend doing the same thing I am doing in his own way; trying to make a difference in the world. I am so happy that I took up the offer to fall off the grid for a few days and enjoy great wine, food and meaningful conversations that lasted through the night. I am grateful for the love that I have been shown today, because it was the icing on a beautiful few weeks, full of epiphanies and revelations. It only makes me love him more for the kind and compassionate person he truly is. I realized how free and available love can be if we would only take a few moments to reflect on that heartwarming reality.


We take so many things for granted, running around living life day to day. It gets easy to miss the love that is always and forever around us. I appreciate the artists of different genres who stopped long enough to write that poem or lyrics to a song or paint on a canvas and share the love that is all around us.


Am I wafting nostalgic? Well yes. But I do so because when you have a second chance to get things really right in your life, you realize you don’t want to miss a thing. You shed the indigent trivialities of life and begin to grasp what it really means to live and love. You lose your fears; readjust your priorities to reconnect with nature, with people, even animals, because within those connections lies a source that fills you up with its beautiful force. I made a promise today to walk fully in that force and be completely inspired by it.


We have lost our way. So many things are around us, trying to guide us back to our true nature. Next time you look up, fall in love with the night sky and go from there. Once you fall in love again with one aspect of nature you will be in love with everything.

Live the divine life!


Vivadivine!


Popular posts from this blog

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Awareness: Hello Lovers!