Spiritual Awareness: The Truth About Oneness.




“We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects.”
― Herman Melville


When I read Maria Shriver’s M-Powered piece for the week, I was pleasantly surprised. Just as she, I was oddly deeply moved on the thirteenth anniversary of the September 11th, 2001 attacks. I usually take a moment to cover all my social media pages with a memorial of sorts to honor the innocent victims who lost their lives that day.

I am not sure why but I started crying the night before the anniversary and on my way to work the day of. All day I lived in this place of melancholy and mourning. Then to take matters to a whole other level, I subjected myself to hours of footage that evening, reliving the days that has changed so many lives.

As I was sitting in tears watching people retelling their stories of that fateful day, I asked myself, “Why was I doing this?” And suddenly it dawned on me, that for the first time I was living in full awareness of how connected we all are to each other and that we really are One.

I was a flight attendant on that plane who knew our hijacking procedures no longer mattered as we were flying too low to buildings over New York. I realized I was the New York City resident, in her high-rise, filming the events and saw the second plane hit Tower One of the World Trade Center. I was screaming as she was, and I was panicking because I knew instinctively that I had to get out of the city because this situation was “bad”. I realized I was one of those people trapped in a burning building with no way out. I was fearful, hot and hopeless to my survival. I was a first responder, trying to get to people on the 71st floor.

I was a fireman of a ladder company who had a bad feeling and told my guys to turn around and get out. I was trapped, but alive under a collapse of rubble, in an airspace huddled with others. I was one of hundreds running from blinding dust and debris. I was on that ferry leaving Manhattan trying to get to safety. I was one of those people who looked back at Manhattan and was trying to make sense of what was happening to my world.


I was there, because in some way as far away as I was in Houston, my spirit had been with all those people.

Think of all the atrocities that have occurred in our lifetime, and believe it or not we were all there. We are connected through joy, pain and loss. We feel on some extent what others experience, just on different levels. However, people who are highly empathic feel things as if it were really happening. We cry for the mother who loses her child in war, even if we have never given birth to a child. We cry for those who have faced genocide and were maimed, raped and killed. We cry for those who were led to gas chambers during the Holocaust. We cry for Africans who were herded in boats in inhumane conditions, those who chained together and tossed off boats to deaths by drowning. We cry for those unjustly killed, because ALL lives matter. We feel the pain of the world.


At the same time, we feel the triumphs of those who have overcome, raised themselves above their circumstances. We cheer on the believers, the fighters and freedom bringers. We are MLK, Rosa Parks, Nelson Mandela and all those who have made a change for others.

 We are everyone.  And I think we know that intrinsically. But it’s not until we own that truth will we see true change not only here on this planet, but universally. That is a truth those who are finally coming aware of are working to bring to fruition.

Are you becoming aware of your oneness, your connection to everything and everyone? Do you see the effect it has on everything?


Sit with that. Have a great week.

Vivadivine.   

Popular posts from this blog

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness: Hello Lovers!