Serving Others: Purpose Comes In All Shapes And Sizes!



It is the soul's duty to be loyal to its own desires.
It must abandon itself to its master passion.
-Rebecca West


Recently I have been traveling a bit for work, meeting some of the folks who work behind the scenes in the real estate service industry. In one of the production centers I met Sandy*.  She is a Title Examiner. When you decide to purchase property through a title insurer, her job is to make that there are no issues such as liens, questions of ownership, or unpaid taxes on that property.  


Frankly, I was completely lost as I was interviewing and observing her as she worked. I honestly do not think I would have ever crossed paths with a title examiner if I had not gotten a job in this field. But here was Sandy, completely excited about sharing with me what she does for a living. She told me how she got into the business many years ago and left it for a while. But she loved it so much that she returned to it and has been an examiner for over twenty years. It made me stop her and ask: “Sandy, this is your passion?” She said: “Yes”. To which I said: “Do you realize that you are serving others, helping them to achieve something just by loving what you do?” Sandy looked me, with wide eyes and said: “I never thought of it that way!”


The encounters that I have had with all the associates in my past week's travels, has helped me develop a new appreciation for those who work behind the scenes. Those hardworking people that we probably never think or know about.

Considering those who work behind the scenes brings us into a moment of NOW. Allow me to give you an example. When was the last time you went to the grocery store and when you picked up an apple, thought about the people who bought an orchard, because they just loved apples? Have you considered that maybe there are workers who are so grateful to work in that orchard; they put passion into picking your fruit? We could take this many different directions, but the bottom line is this: Everywhere people are doing things that make them happy. Sometimes it’s the simplest things that can mean living a purpose to someone. When we love what we do, it spreads and grows. It’s how some of us serve, without even knowing that we are.


It’s how I realized Sandy was serving. Because she really loved what she does and she does it from the heart and it helps other people! Service is everywhere, but are you an active servant? What can being more aware of how we serve others do for our spirit?

I know that the more I think of serving or helping others, the more dedicated and committed I have become to Vivadivine, I have experienced an abundance of love, joy and happiness flowing in my life. I recently made a lifelong dedication to doing this, because I believe behind the scenes and in the forefront there is much we can do to inspire others to reach out and do more.

If you are like Sandy, someone who is working behind the scenes, and you are reading this, I just want to say: Thank you. Thank you for your passion for doing something most people may not even know about. Your love is showing!

I hope this post inspires you to find was to help and give to others.  Think of ways to you can serve others.  Service to others harnesses more love and joy in your life. It is a natural part of our Spirit to be givers, to discover our Purpose and be passionate about it!

Have a great week.

Vivadivine!

 *names have been changed

Popular posts from this blog

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness: Hello Lovers!