Spiritual Awareness: Feast Your Eyes!



“The relation between what we see and what we know is never settled.
Each evening we see the sun set. We know that the earth is turning away from it. Yet the knowledge, the explanation, never quite fits the sight.”
-John Berger, Ways of Seeing


The eyes are amazing organs. Through our eyes, we see the world. We take in information from all things and people around us. We process all of this and it becomes imbued in our soul.



Have you ever seen something that disturbs your soul? Have you ever looked at something that once your soul ingests it, it is difficult to forget and stays with you no matter how hard you try to remove it? Once you have seen something, you cannot "un-see" it. So how do we teach ourselves to feast our eyes on things that are good for us? And how do we learn to see things and understand their place and where they sit in our souls?



In a recent conversation among friends, someone misunderstood a statement I made. When I said that: “I see the things in the world that are painful, but I don’t SEE them,” the person took the statement to mean that I pretend they don’t exist. That is farthest from the truth. Like most people I see the calamity and suffering that inflicts so many in the world. I read the news, and occasionally will watch news programs. But the sole reason for doing this is to stay informed and aware of what is happening in the world. I take in just enough to have an awareness of things. However I do not inhale this information long enough for it to settle in my soul for it to disturb me. I do not allow this to rob me of the truth that there IS a lot of love, compassion and kindness in the world. I do not let events, no matter how tragic, rob me of hope. I believe in the human spirit and support anything that will uplift and embrace peaceful means.



Another way to stay focused is to avoid things that could create distraction in my life. In my work with Vivadivine, I am exposed to many things on social media that in truth are irrelevant and could take focus away from what I have to do. Since realizing the importance that comes with what I am doing, I limit my attention to things related to the energy and thoughts Vivadivine would relate to.  



Anything that is positive and progressive and that adds to that ideal, is what I place my spiritual and physical sight on.  I will dedicate specific times to my postings and interacting with those who have the same vein of thought. Then I move on.  I learned this from a wise teacher, who told me spiritual success comes by staying in line with what contributes to love, peace and unity. If it is divisive, if it is acrimonious, if it is not of what is light, turn your spiritual and physical eyes away.





Another important point to remember is that our eyes are the lens through which truth and perception can be easily confused. Perception is an event where we can miscalculate or misunderstand something. That is why it is really important to focus on what is good and true, for YOU. Everything outside of us can be construed in many different ways. But if you want to see the truth about something, get silent and go within yourself. 



Always look at your actions, your beliefs and determine what is true for your soul. What is true for your soul can have a peaceful tone to it. Even the most difficult aspect about who you are could be true. As long as you own it, accept it, and decide to grow and learn from that truth is like salve to your soul and freeing to your spirit. Look within and see the real you.



Awareness is being able to see with both physical and spiritual eyes. Be aware of the things that you see with both. When something is worthwhile to your soul, it feels good to you. If it does not move your soul or if it shifts you into a space that feels unnatural, pay attention to that feeling. Develop the habit of “see-king” what adds to your spirit and not what detracts from it.


Keep your eyes clear.

Have a great weekend!

Vivadivine

Popular posts from this blog

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness: Hello Lovers!