Awareness: Spirit Resonates



Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.


I have been experiencing spiritual writer’s block for about two weeks.  It feels like Spirit has shut me off from being able to convey all the thoughts that are flying through my mind. The main reason I have so much going on in the head? Once again, I have been sequestered by information that basically has my mind going in every direction trying to assimilate it all. 


It never fails, the teacher shows up when the student is ready for more. A spiritual awakening can feel like moving from kindergarten to graduate school in a short time, depending on how dedicated you are to learning and how open you are to something beyond your mind’s reach. I realized that because I want to know, I seem to have these opportunities for information to come my way, at times in written form. Some of the things I am reading are pretty remarkable, actually mind-bending. I certainly do not think what I am getting is random. Because I could not have understood what I am getting now, five years ago. So naturally, I have had some friends ask me if I believe without question if what I am reading is true or not.




To answer this there is a statement by Buddha comes to mind: “Now, Kalamas, don’t go by reports, by legends, by traditions, by scripture, by logical conjecture, by inference, by analogies, by agreement through pondering views, by probability, or by the thought, ‘This contemplative is our teacher.’ When you know for yourselves that, ‘These qualities are skillful; these qualities are blameless; these qualities are praised by the wise; these qualities, when adopted and carried out, lead to welfare and to happiness’ — then you should enter and remain in them.”


When I read something, especially something that I know I have stumbled over for a very special reason, I tend to read “lightly and slowly”. I read to absorb the information and let it rest lightly on my soul, so as to see how my soul feels about it. I question each thought presented. Just because I come across something does not mean I will automatically believe it to be true. However as the quote encourages us to see that being contemplative is a skill when it comes to information. And so when I am reading, I contemplate one thing: How does this information resonate with my soul? 



Just as I believe the soul gently knows what is true, it also knows what is not. And I often wonder if it is much easier to recognize what does not fit with our soul versus what does. I know when something is not right with my soul; it will immediately send me a warning signal. Then I will start to repudiate what is being presented to me. So when I read something that resonates with my spirit, I trust that it is just another step on the path that I am walking. In most cases, what I am given to read only confirms certain things I have been experiencing. 

This in turn allows me to be more open and more trusting. Everything that comes my way tends to play out in a certain way that is truly beneficial to my journey.


I am not afraid to believe or not to. I am more afraid of not knowing or understanding. I am more concerned if these pieces of information were to pass me by. So I am grateful for the guidance that brought them to me. These all add to part of my growth.


When something is presented to you, it really helps to try and be open enough to see if it resonates with you. Give yourself a chance to be moved and see where you fall. Things show up for a reason. It’s all a part of the process of growing awareness.


You did not wake up to chill out. You woke up to discover a whole lot more. So allow A Whole Lot More to come to you!


Have a great week, guys!

Vivadivine! 

Popular posts from this blog

Enlightenment: The State of Inner Peace

Awareness! Spiritual Meltdowns Are Beautiful!

Awareness: Hello Lovers!